Thursday, February 21, 2013

Staircase from The Bourne Legacy

The original Federal interior of the Dr Oliver Bronson House - does it look familiar to you?  It should be if
you've seen The Bourne Legacy.

The three storey elliptical staircase

I'm so relieved as a mystery has finally been solved for me - all thanks to Remodelista.
I first saw the film, The Bourne Legacy last year and was intrigued by the house that Rachel Weisz's scientist character lived in - which, to my disbelief, got destroyed. The part of this house that blew me away was the three storey elliptical staircase. It was stunning - I hadn't seen anything like it.
Afterwards I tried to to find information about the movie set - was it a real house or a staged set; to no avail. It really annoyed me!
However, as of this morning, I now know that this house was a movie set based on a real historic house called the Dr Oliver Bronson House, found in Hudson, New York. The original house was considered too fragile to deal with the rigours of filming so a replica was built. Read all about it here on Remodelista.
Photographs by Michael Fredericks via Dr Oliver Bronson House Day Book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment