Sunday, June 23, 2013

Montestigliano, Tuscany.

The gorgeous bride and her Dad.

I arrived back in New Zealand last week after a fantastic trip which took me to the shores of the USA and Italy. The above photo will explain how this trip first came about - yes, my dear friends, Wes and Adriana were getting married and their wedding was to be at a small hillside 'borgo' called Montestigliano, Tuscany - which is located about 10 minutes from Siena. How could I turn this invitation down?
So there I was at the beginning of June enjoying this gorgeous place for a week and I just had to share my photos with you - I hope you don't mind. In fact, it might encourage you to go and visit yourself - go on, you know you'll love it.

After a two hour drive from Rome, we had arrived.


Olive trees everywhere - should be no surprise that Montestigliano produce their own olive oil. 

Up those stairs is Casa Ropoli Sopra - my accomodation for the week. This was one of 12 villas that was booked out for the wedding.


The porch had the best views over the valley.
This was the view from my bedroom - not too shabby, eh?


There are three pools located around Montestigliano - this was our 'local' one.



Casa Virginia 1 and 2 - serious games of bocce were played on the front lawn.

Casa Adriana on the lower level by the pool.




Lots of great walks around Montestigliano - including this one through the Cypress Avenue

The Oak Viale which takes you to another villa called Pipistrelli.
The night before the wedding - pizza night behind Villa Donati

Are you hooked yet? We stayed here for a week and it was a blissful time. While the location was fantastic for visiting Siena, Florence and other nearby towns, it was perfect for a wedding. The team at Montestigliano, Francesco (awesome manager who speaks Italian with a British accent) and co, out-did themselves and their warm hospitality made it a relaxed and enjoyable week. I will return! And should you go - let Francesco know that I sent you.

The wedding ceremony was set up by Casa Luisa. During the ceremony, rainbows came out and doves flew by. No, I'm not kidding, it really did.

The reception was held in the piazza. 
Photographs by Charlotte Minty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment