Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rome, Italy


The Arch of Constantine (by the Colosseum) with the Roman Forum in the background.

Have you ever been to Rome? I was fortunate enough to spend a few days in this amazing city after attending the wedding in Tuscany. What a place! It has everything - history, beauty, architecture, interiors, food, wine...there is something for everyone. If you ever have an opportunity to go, accept it immediately.
I enjoyed it so much and bear with me as I reminisce about my time there on the blog this week.

Looking toward the Colosseum from the Roman Forum


The Colosseum was close to where I was staying so I came here several times (it looked amazing at night all lit up). It is close to the Roman Forum, as well as the Palatine and Capitoline Hill, and there is so much to see within this area. Choose and visit what interests you otherwise you just wear yourself out...


Yes - I admit that I did think of the movie 'Gladiator' when I visited here. Shame.


Loved the brick work as well as the marble details located around the Colosseum.
Arch of Constantine as seen from the upper level in the Colosseum.

Roman Forum

The Roman Forum is mind boggling - the history is somewhat hard to absorb as it is so old and the patchwork of ruined temples is, while stunning, hard to imagine the grand and important government buildings that once stood there.




House of the Vestal Virgins was closed off for restoration - so this was as close as I could go.

Photographs by Charlotte Minty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment