Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Inspiration Profile - Niki, My Scandinavian Home

Here we are at the end of a short week and I am finishing off with a Inspiration Profile all the way from Malmo, Sweden. Meet Niki, the editor behind My Scandinavian Home. Enjoy and have a great Easter all.

Niki



Name:Niki

What do you do: I am the editor behind the daily interior design blog My Scandinavian Home

Where do you live: Malmö, Sweden (I’m originally from London)

What are you working on: I look for a daily dose of fabulous Scandinavian home tours to share with my readers on My Scandinavian Home.


Niki's very own Scandinavian Home



Who/what inspires me: Scandinavian design, the work of talented Scandinavian architects, interior stylists/designers and photographers, Pinterest, magazines, other fabulous blogs, travel, sailing, my little girls, nature, sunshine, the first signs of spring...

I work best: In the afternoon/ evening. I am horrible at mornings (even after a super strong Swedish coffee!).

What I do when I’m stuck for inspiration: I get out into the great outdoors and take a walk along the beach or in the forest and try not to think about anything except the world around me.

The best advice I have been given is: Believe in yourself.

My latest discovery is: Finca’s (rural homes) in Mallorca in the Balearic Islands. One day I’d like to spend a year living in a finca with my family working on my blog (and sitting by the pool!).




Books that I get inspiration from: Books are so important for inspiration. I once gave my sister one and it changed her life (her husband and her upped sticks and moved to the Balearic Islands in Spain!). I love interior books and am currently waiting to get my hands on  Northern Delights: Scandinavian Homes, Interiors + Design. I also love autobiographies about inspirational people who have done incredible things.

Magazines that inspire me: Elle Decoration, Elle Interiör, Residence, Red, Covet Garden

Blogs that I enjoy: oooooh so difficult to choose. Is there even enough space for that?! If I had to pick just three I’d say, La Maison D’Anna G and SF Girl By Bay, Vosges Paris but I follow tonnes!

My favourite room at home is: Our open plan dining / sitting room. I call it the engine room of the house as it’s where everything happens; long breakfasts, arts and crafts with the girls, Sunday roasts with family and friends, planning projects with my husband (one day we’d love to sail around the world). 

My office is: On the top floor of our house next to a large glass door leading out onto a balcony. It feels like the sun is always shining up there, it’s such a lovely, bright room!

What am I looking forward to: I’m in the process of updating my blog with the talented Ana from Blog Milk, I’m so excited as I think it will be fab! We’re also about to go on a family ski holiday to the Austrian Alps next week – yay! Can’t wait! X

Want to keep up with Niki and all her Scandinavian inspiration? Get your daily dose here. She is also on Pinterest and Facebook.


Northern Delights, edited by Emma Fexeus and S. Ehmann

 Photographs - Niki's home used with permission by My Scandinavian Home, Northern Delights book via Gestalten.


0 comments:

Post a Comment