Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ruyi by Hecker Guthrie


Check out this new restaurant - it is called Ruyi, a dumpling and wine bar that has recently opened their doors in Melbourne, Australia.
Ruyi means 'as you wish' and was beautifully designed by the clever Hecker Guthrie, a Melbourne design firm that turns everything they touch into design gold.
I really like their approach here of simplicity and earthiness to their design - they mentioned that dumplings themselves are simple fare so the fit-out compliments this well.
While this is a new and modern fit out, I can't help but be reminded of details from my childhood (I was a child of the 70's) - like the pottery, the tiles and other details - is that the same for you? I think these details work beautifully with the light coloured timber and modern details.










Photographs by Shannon McGrath via yellowtrace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment