Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rekindle


Yesterday I received a message from a friend who is visiting Christchurch - she sent me a photo of a cafe where she was enjoying a coffee and I noticed the table she was sitting at. It was a Rekindle table.
Rekindle are doing an amazing job turning the waste wood from Christchurch's earthquake into furniture, jewellery and sculpture.  I'm glad to see this social enterprise still going strong - they now have a pop up store and gallery on Regent Street and an online store for the rest of us. Looking good.

Weatherboard Series I Chair

Weatherboard Dining/Meeting Table

Weatherboard Trestle Table

Offcut Inlaid Bracelet

Offcut Bracelet

Offcut Necklace

Weatherboard Bench Seat

Weatherboard Series Short Stool

City Scape

Photographs by Laura Forest and Emma Byrne via Rekindle

0 comments:

Post a Comment